Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Communication Barrier....

I am tired. I am tired of listening to people argue and whine. I am tired of picking up the same things over and over. I am tired of feeling like I am living in a trailer park again. (Just that whole house looking awful feeling, I guess...)

Andrew has returned home because he had a medical problem. Fine, we keep moving forward.

I guess that this turn of events has caused me to realize that I am in a very poor position with my family right now. I am disrespected. When I ask a simple question, I am met by lies. I am really furious.

Sorry, I am not going to keep dumping on my reader... I guess that what I really wanted to write about right now is I was tired of the shouting. Tired of the drone of the tv. Tired of little zombies walking through the house and randomly throwing things into the floor.

So I told the children to find something else to do. "Something that is not electronic" is what I instructed them. Sounds simple enough.

The funny thing is that the same barrage of questions assaulted me from every direction that did before I said this...

Can I get on the computer?

Can I watch a movie?

Can I turn the TV on?

Can I play playstation?

Can we watch a movie in Lucie's room? {I like this one in particular, because it is almost like implying that because you are in Lucie's room, it is not electronic...}

After several "NO"s and me hitting the point that I started to look a little like the sea witch in The Little Mermaid... I stop a moment for one more question...

"Mommy, is there anything in this house that isn't electwonic?" Lucie says...

Wow. I can't even talk to my kids anymore. I am so stressed....

1 comment:

Tots said...

I love you. Hang in there, we'll find something to tie the children up with so we can escape.