Monday, April 28, 2008

prom night




Last night I was kept awake until 1:30 am by the little "princess" that refused to go to bed. Tonight I am awake because I am excited about the addition of a new kitten baby to our family and because I am wondering where all of the years have gone. I just watched my oldest son (and his girlfriend of 3 years now) go off to the prom. What happened here? I thought that it was just last week that I went to the prom, and now I have a kid going. I remember days when he said, "Nandrew want burger cheese, Souson." I try every day to remember that I am going to miss each and every one of these precious moments that I have with the children. I will miss the joys and the screaming. I will wish for 3 people to be standing there telling on each other and trying to get the other guys into trouble. I wish that I could slow time down sometimes. It just seems like each week is a blur trying to get to the next one. Oh well, for your viewing pleasure, here is a photo of my handsome son. I don't say enough how proud I am of him. I spend alot of time telling him how he could do better on everything, but all I want is the best for him. I love you, Andrew.

2 comments:

The McQuilkin crew said...

Thanks alot for that tear jerker moment and even more for reminding me that in the not so off future, I to (if still alive) will be wishing for screaming and yelling my lonely house as well. Lots of love Sally

Dianne said...

I just posted about my son turning 35 next week!

pulls at your heart doesn't it?